I’ve seen several posts from other bloggers about water marble nails, something which I’ve always loved the look of, but never tried for myself. To be honest, I pretty much neglect my nails, I used to get a mani regularly, but since I started working full time, I just haven’t had the time.
I watched a few YouTube tutorials to find out how to do it, so the basics…
1. Paint your nails white, then place tape around both side and at the bottom of your nail to keep tidy.
2. Get a plastic cup and fill it with warm water
3. Drip a drop of nail varnish into the cup
4. Drip a different colour into the cup – you will see the varnish spread out.
5. Once you’ve done this several times, use a toothpick to make a design in the varnish
6. Dip your nail into the mixture, count to 10
7. Wiggle the toothpick in the water to pick up the remaining varnish
8. Withdraw your finger
10. Use a top coat & a cotton bud to tidy up.
So…I bought Barry M nail varnish’s, in Spring Pastel colours. The nail varnish didn’t spread out in the cup very well, but I persevered and kept going. It was pointless, they just looked a mess. I recalled one of the YouTube video’s stating that you should use a good quality polish, so I tried dripping in OPI, and it spread out exactly as it should. I took off the mess I’d made and started again. So my main tip would be to use a good quality polish ladies!
They aren’t perfect, each nail looks different to the other, and to be honest I’m not sure I have the patience to do this on a regular basis- it’s very messy!!
|White- Barry M, Two Pinks – Bogota Blackberry & Feelin’ Hot-Hot-Hot! Both by OPI|
The main blogger who inspires me in regards to nails is Catrine over at Unnaked Nails, check her out girls! (Link on her name)
Have you tried water marble nails?